August 6, 2011

The Great Move!!

Once we got back from house hunting in San Diego I started the process of getting our house ready for the packers and movers to arrive in a weeks time. I wish we could have had more time to see everyone and to say goodbye to all of our amazing friends.....but alas we could not.

We spent the week running around packing some things, moving some others, and trying to prepare for the chaos that was about to start.

On Wednesday the 27th of July the Packers arrived. 3 years ago when we had movers....they didn't arrive until around noon. So we weren't expecting the doorbell to ring at 8 a.m. that morning. We jumped up and the movers came right in and started packing. They spent the day packing away and got most of the house and garage packed up. Around noon we noticed that signs were placed up and down our street stating that on Thursday and Friday the road would be closed. It was just what we needed!! Ughhhh So I started calling around the city trying to find out what to do as our semi would be arriving on Friday to load our house. We finally found someone who made it so the construction workers would do the road repair in one day instead of two so that our semi would still have a place to pull in. We were so thankful. One of the packers was an awesome girl named Liz who is 6 months pregnant with a little girl....(her first) Papa Bear and I really liked her. She was pretty cool. So after they left for the day we went to the store and got her a little gift. ;0p

The second day the packers were very prompt again and were finishing up as the Movers arrived early. So the Semi arrived and They started loading our things early. They got a good portion of the house moved out, and returned and finished up on Friday. We had been trying all day on Friday to get the movers finished by 2 p.m. so that we could make it to Papa Bear's farewell party. But alas they took until about 5 in the evening, and then I needed to shower and get dressed for Papa Bear's going away party the Marines were throwing him. We all got ready and drove on over to Grandpa Ron's house. It was a great evening. The guys gave him an amazing Chest with his name engraved on it. I will post photos as soon as I can. We had a great meal, and laughed and talked with everyone. It was fun to see the guys one last time and say goodbye to the wives who have become my friends. ;0) It was sad to say goodbye to everyone. Walnut Creek, and Concord has been so amazing to us over the last 3 years. Working for the Y was an amazing experience, and I made some lifelong friends. It was so great to be in a leadership role and feel needed. I only wish I had been better at the job. I felt like I wasn't good enough most of the time, but I really did try to be great. Having Papa Bear work with the Concord Marines was the best thing that ever happened to us. Yes he worked like crazy, Yes he had to do some unpleasant things like work funerals, but I think at the same time it was an honor for him to be able to do that for the families. But being part of the Concord Marines was amazing. Even though I know I wasn't.....I felt like I was a part of them the whole time. It was nice to not feel on the outside like I usually do with a unit. I was able to experience the life a little, and I am so thankful for that. ;0)
And Our Walnut Creek 2nd Ward family is the best!! We had so much fun, learned so much, and grew up a little. ;0) I will miss this ward so much. They are an amazing group of people. We love you and will miss you so much! ;0)

Saturday we ran errands, packed up some items a little and had some people come to clean that did not do a very good job at all. Then our landlord came in for his final walk through, and we found out he also scheduled an open house without telling us!!! ughhhh So we had people ringing our doorbell for half the afternoon.

Sunday we got up early and started packing up the rest of our junk we were taking. The freezer was loaded and I got some dry ice for it. I also picked up some coolers for our chow and we packed up the fridge. We were hoping to be on the road by 9, but alas we finally got on the road by 1. lol We had told our landlord that we would call him when we left and he said he wanted to be in the house by 10:30...well we hadn't called him yet so instead of him calling us....he showed up at 10 wanting in and getting all chit chatty with us...which held us up. Then the neighbors wanted to talk. ughhhh I just wanted to be on the road already.

I was really scared about the drive as I couldn't be with baby bear the whole time and I was worried about him screaming. I wanted him to ride with me, but he wouldn't be able to have his visor up because I was driving the avalanche and the back window is right there and the sun would be blinding baby bear the entire trip. So it was decided that Harley and Baby Bear would ride with Papa Bear and I would drive the Avalanche with the bike. Well as it turned out the trip went great!! Baby Bear slept almost the entire time, and he only had one small melt down and that was because he woke up hungry and wet and we were stuck in construction and couldn't pull over.

I pushed the emergency button for OnStar once as I saw a girl on the side of the road with the hood of her car up, and she was crying her eyes out. I couldn't merge over due to traffic and I pushed the button and told them it wasn't an emergency, but she looked like she needed help badly.

We pulled into our new home around 10:30 p.m. and unloaded the important items, and then crashed out on the floor. We woke up early the next morning so Papa Bear could go weigh the cars so we could offload them, and then the movers arrived at 10:30 a.m. and the chaos started. at noon the t.v. guy came, and it was a real mad house here!!! The movers were so slow, it was frustrating. They would get distracted by the smallest thing, and then they had a story they wanted to tell you. It took 12.5 hours for them to offload the truck!! ughhhhh I was so tired and burned out by the end of the day. 3 years ago when we moved it took the movers 2 hours to offload the truck. Now I know know we acquired some stuff when we got Baby Bear....but I am pretty sure it wasn't that much junk!! lol

Well that is all. Now it is time for the fun of unpacking!!! ;0)

XoXo-Andrea Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment