March 28, 2013

Equals sign!

I am really disappointed in people. A friend of mine changed her profile picture to the equals sign and now she is under fire for it. I have to admit I had no clue what it was when it first started popping up on FaceBook. It looked like half of a picture and that FaceBook wasn't allowing you to see the entire thing. (You know like the picture was bigger than the allowed square for viewing.)  But later on found out what it meant and what it's for. Awesome.

    So as many of you know I am MORMON. yup I am one of those and proud of it. But I also share some of the same views as you do.  I believe that we need to separate this whole church/state thing. The line has seemed to have become fuzzy.  I also believe that we are allowed to have our own opinion and not put someone down because of it. I believe in God, some people don't. It doesn't make either of us right or wrong. Who am I to judge someone else's beliefs?  Of course I believe my Church is right, but if someone doesn't believe in the same things that doesn't make them wrong and me right, or vice versa.

   Now back to the whole equal rights debate and prop 8 thing (and let's be clear that I am not fully educated on prop 8). You know we all need to remember that we are different individuals. just because we believe in one thing and not another, or choose to like someone that I think is different from my own choice does not give you or any other person the right to be cruel to each other.

Just remember to be kind, to not judge, to not make fun of, and to just show love (or kindness if you can't do love) to each other. You really have no idea what one individual person is dealing with or what demons they are tormented with on a daily basis. Be kind.


XoXo- Mama Bear

1 comment:

  1. By stating opinions we are not judging, by standing up for what we believe in we r doing something right! I will forever stand up when it is needed and when it's not! I am sick of being told off because i refuse to stand back and allow other LDS's to not to stand up 4 there beliefs. its fine that u believe and live righteously but prove that to others. I can be very shy but when it comes to my religion I am a "feisty Hispanic" stand up 4 what u believe in. i know what is true and will state it!

    ReplyDelete