May 10, 2013

Disney Love

Thursday I decided to take Baby Bear on a hot date to DisneyLand. My annual pass was about to expire and I really wanted to go one last time with my bear since I haven't decided if I should renew it or not. I have for sure got my money out of it this last year, I am just not sure how much longer we will be here.

So the Bear's and I got ready and headed out around his nap time so he would sleep in the car. I didn't want to leave early in the morning as he won't nap at the park and a melt down would be unavoidable.  Also we have been enough times that we don't feel the need to rush around and try to see every attraction in one day. So we spent 6 hours in the park and that was perfect.  We had a bit of a rough start getting on the road. I had this nagging feeling the whole time pulling at me that I shouldn't go. But I really wanted to go one last time before my pass expired. So I pressed on. I only had $40 to go to the park but that is plenty. But with our rough start I couldn't get my card to work and needed gas since Papa left my car on empty. So I spent $20 on gas.

    We got to the park and I parked in the Disney and friends parking structure. It is my favorite one and closest to the park. I also love that my car is not in the blazing sun all day. After we packed up the stroller and headed out of the structure we stopped in the shade for a snack. I ate a sandwich and all I could get bears to eat was a bit of cookie. Then we headed on the Tram. A really nice couple helped us on the tram. The woman held the door, and the husband lifted up the stroller for me. That is the only part about getting to the park I hate. Trying to hang on to Baby Bear and haul everything into the tram in a hurry. Bear's loves the tram. He call's it the train, and points at all the Disney pictures along the way trying to sound them out.

   As soon as we entered the entry point to both the parks the Monorail went by and Baby Bear screamed and pointed saying train. lol he loved it.  As soon as we got into DisneyLand the old steam engine pulled up in front and blew it's whistle. Baby Bear screamed and stood up in his stroller pointing at the train and oohing and awwing at it. He kept pointing at the train that he wanted to go.  So we went into the park and first saw Minnie Mouse.  She barely had a line to meet her so we stepped in line and got a picture.

Next we went to the Baby Care Center and made sure Baby Bear was all fresh and clean. Then we headed down Main Street towards the train. We stopped and said hello to a Clydesdale named Lucky. Baby Bear thought he was pretty awesome looking and so big.  We got on the train and Baby Bear was excited until the last second. Then he changed his mind once we were on and wasn't so sure about it. But we were on the train for the long haul. We rode around the entire park and got back off at Main Street.


 Next we headed to the petting zoo in FrontierLand. Baby Bear sure loved petting the animals. He loved the Clydesdale, but I think the goats and sheep were his favorite. I couldn't get him to leave. lol


After we headed to get some water from one of the restaurants. They always have free ice water and it saves a lot of money. Now that we were hydrated we stood in line to ride the Dumbo ride. I think this might be Bear's  favorite ride at the park.




Next Bear's and I went to the main pin store and he picked out each of us pins for our collections. And Mama had just enough money to buy him a new car from the Car's movie. He carried it around the rest of the day and would show it to anyone who looked at him. lol We went and stood in line for Pirates of the Caribbean and we went together. Bear's loves it except the initial drop in the dark. He wraps his arms around me for that part. But he loves seeing everything else.  Afterwards we walked around for a while and then bought a hot dog and ate some snacks together. A Disney cast member stopped by our table and gave  Baby Bear a button. He was supper excited and would not let go of his new button. ha ha ha
 
Next we found a great spot on Main Street and hung out for an hour waiting for the parade to start. I know it sounds a little odd to sit on the street for an hour waiting for a parade, but if you don't you won't get a good spot. This time we were able to get a good enough spot that no one sat in front of us. It was cool.  Bear's played and we took funny pictures while we waited. Then Bear's made a friend in the stroller next to us, and she shared her popcorn with Baby Bear. She wouldn't share with her parents but was passing him pieces. We were all laughing at how cute it was. And Baby Bear's was loving getting to eat all the pop corn. He watched the parade in awe the whole time. Then he just started grinning. He loved it. As we were waiting for the parade to start a big storm blew in and it got pretty chilly. Then at the very end of the parade it started to drizzle a little.


















 
So since someone had purchased the rest of the day for the park (a celebrity bought out the park from 8-12) we opted to be done. As soon as the parade ended we headed back to the car. Lucky we did because we didn't get really rained on.  As soon as Bear's and I got home and got the stuff in the house it started to really rain. Phew!
 
We had an excellent time and I really want to renew my membership for another premium annual pass. ;0D We will see what I can do. lol I love having special little dates with my Baby Bear. It is so fun and I love making all these memories with him.
 
XoXo-Mama Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment