February 3, 2012

Bullies. “their not even human” ...part 2

So  a little while ago I re posted a post from a blogger whom I enjoy reading from. You can find it here : Bullies. “their not even human”  I just received a comment on that post today.  I was a little taken aback by it as it was rude. So  Here is my response to this anonymous person:
 
 
First I would like to point out that I did not write this. I enjoy reading the posts of this particular blogger......even if I do or do not agree with him. He writes well.


On this particular issue......I do agree.....that we need to hold ourselves to a higher standard than the person who bullied us. I as a child was picked on and bullied. And the one person who really made my life miserable in school....I have now made amends with him and we are friends. I do not think that the author is saying go hug a bully..... But instead have compassion for someone who apparently is so hurt inside that they feel the only way to feel good about themselves is to tear another person down.
Does it hurt to be bullied?...Yes....But I feel bad for those who can't find it anywhere in their hearts to be kind. That must be a sad sad life they live in.


Now to address your comment......


Are you kidding? Instead of commenting in an adult way even if you disagree....you chose to call me names. You are worse in my opinion....You hold yourself up on a pedestal acting like you are superior while sneering down your nose at another person judging them without even trying to know that person. You my friend are worse than the average bully.


If you take a religious point of view....what about Love Thy Neighbor? Or what about just being kind to people in general?


I think that I have endured some of the worst bullying that there is. I endured name calling, physical pain, emotional pain, and more. I even forgave someone who did the worst most unforgivable thing to me. But I tried my hardest to forgive so I could move on. It took me 8 years. 8 years of being frightened, and scared all the time.... But I do not hold a grudge.I do not know why he did that to me. But I can't hold on to those feelings. I met him, asked him why, and asked for an apology. I let him and his nastiness go after that. I may have harsh feelings sometimes....But that is something that I try to work on all the time. I try to better myself by forgiving and moving on. A person who holds onto hate.....can never move on in life.


I do not love bullies, but I do not hate another person. Hatred is your right, as you so clearly show without educating yourself on the situation first.


Thank you for commenting, Next time I ask that even if you disagree with what I say, You can be mature enough to answer without name calling...for that is a slippery slope to becoming a bully yourself.

2 comments:

  1. Well said Andrea! I admire your courage to speak out on the subject. Those who spread hate are only hurting themselves in the long run. Continue to be a strong, forgiving person. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't worry about it Andrea, that comment sounded like it was written by a 5 year-old, as it was about as complex as calling someone a poopy-head.

    ReplyDelete