November 23, 2011

Giving Thanks and stuff

So it has become that time of year again. How has this year flown by so fast? It feels like I have missed sections of it or something. Normally the year lasts a little longer. lol This time last year I was pregnant, huge, and miserable....It seems like I just had Baby Bear, and now he is almost a year old?!!! Wowzers!!

Well I want to join in the fun of expressing the things I am thankful for. So in no particular order.....Here are the things that have come to mind right here and now:

1-My AMAZING Baby Bear- I waited 10 years for this little man. 10 years of marriage wondering if I would get to start my family. I am so thankful that we did wait although it was a painfully long time to wait....Papa Bear and I are stronger in our marriage, we can provide for our son a lot better than we could have at the beginning of our marriage, and we can focus more on him than on ourselves. (and let's face it....newlyweds tend to be selfish the first few years while they get over the me me me's and figure out the we we we's!) I am so thankful every day that I get to hold my Bear. He is so precious and amazing to me. Even when I am past exhaustion some nights and I am rocking him back to sleep and some absurd hour......I might be falling asleep in the rocking chair.....but I don't want to put him down because I know that those moments are going to get fewer and fewer the older he gets. I want to take advantage of cuddling with him every chance I can. I love looking at his sweet little innocent face while he sleeps. Nothing is more amazing and beautiful than that. Well unless he starts to laugh and giggle in his sleep. Then that is the icing on the cake. I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to be a Mama Bear. We thought it might not be in the cards for us, but it is the most Amazing gift. ;0)

2- Papa Bear- Okay I might whine here and there about this guy, but he really is a hard working amazing husband. And let's face it....he must be pretty incredible if he puts up with me! lol

3-My family- This extends to my mom and dad (gramma and grampa bear) my BEAUTIFUL sister and her amazing husband. My awesome nieces and nephews, Aunts, uncles and cousins. I am so thankful for each and every one of you! I love that I have been able to get to know you, spend time with you, and that I have you in my life.

4-My Beautiful Sister-okay I know I already mentioned her in the one above, but I am really thankful that I have her. We may live hundreds of miles apart, and I may have put her up on this pedestool of perfection......but I look up to her and everything she does. She appears to me as one of those people that can do it all. I am convinced you could give her straw and she could spin gold out of it. She knows how to do everything....and do it really, really well. I love her and I hope that I can become at least half as amazing as she is someday.

5- The Marine Corps and our Marine Family- So somedays I may not be so thankful for this....but I really am. I love that the Corps turned my husband into such a hard working man. I love the Marine Corps family and that we can count on each other for support. And I love all the new people and places we meet and experience.

6-Chocolate- Do I really need to give this one an explanation? lol

7-Sleep- Who woulda thunk that I would be thankful for sleep? Since a yound age I have suffered from insomnia. But with the birth of my baby bear.....when he allows it....I can actually sleep now. wooohoooo

Well I have to go now, but hopefully I can continue this later.

XoXo-Andrea Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment