April 9, 2012

Oh, The Places You'll Go!!

“So be sure when you step, Step with care and great tact. And remember that life's A Great Balancing Act.”
Dr. Seuss, Oh, The Places You'll Go!

Oh what an Easter, an Easter we did have. Of  missing church, Tears, and another ER visit. 

       It seems that no matter what when Papa Bear is gone trouble seems to follow me anywhere I go.  I usually seem to have a problem with the car, something in the house breaks,  and life in general seems to go downhill. So why should our Easter Sunday be any different?

We had big plans.  Baby Bear and I made treats for all the kids in his nursery class at church. We made smores for the kids with Peeps, chocolate, and graham crackers. They were pretty darn cute.  We wanted to do something with friends or family like dinner or an egg hunt. But that didn't work out at all. In fact we even got blown off. (that kind of hurt) 

As we were headed out to church we were all packed and ready to go when I opened the bathroom door to let Harley in so that he cold eat his food and have water while we were gone. The door stays closed most of the time as Baby Bear isn't allowed in the bathroom.  Well as I was putting on my shoes....my little Bear snuck in and knew he wasn't supposed to so he tried to close the door a little. I called to him and as he was trying to hurry out and so I wouldn't notice. He tripped on the rug and his little dome hit the edge of the door he had tried to close. I could hear him scream...I rushed into the room and he was crumpled on the floor. I picked him up and he had this horrible gash and lump on his head.
I grabbed the diaper bag and we ran out the door. I wasn't going to risk anything by not taking him to the Dr. So we rushed to the ER.  We took him when he pulled the 30 lb. pump onto his head and he didn't look even half as bad as this. So I drove as fast as I could and took him on base to the Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton.  And of course this was the second visit in a week. ughhhh I felt like such a horrible piece of crap of a Mom.  They said he was okay and to just keep an eye on him. They didn't even do anything when last time they gave him a CT scan.  I wasn't sure if we were getting the best of care or not. But we said okay and that was that.

     We headed to Walmart where I got him some Chicken Pot Pies because apparently he finds those scrumptious. lol And then we drove home. On the way Baby Bear fell asleep. So when we got home I ran inside and decorated the patio with Easter Eggs and put out his Easter basket.  I let him sleep in the car for a bit and then when he woke I brought him in to see his big surprise!!!!!  He thought it was pretty darn awesome!!!

We ended the day with some frozen lasagna, and some playing. ;0)

XoXo-Andrea Carla



























1 comment:

  1. You're too hard on yourself. Stuff like that happens a lot, kids are clumsy! Wish your holiday would have been better, but it looks like he had lots of fun hunting for eggs!

    ReplyDelete