September 29, 2010

I've fallen and I can't get up!

So this last week has flown by, and I am exhausted! Chuck and I decided that it was time for a little vacation. He hasn't been home during the summer in 10 years, and so we opted to make our way home to see the whole family, and to meet some of our nieces and nephews that we haven't met yet.

The trip wasn't to bad. We left on a Monday morning at 6:30 a.m. and made it to Idaho at 7:30 p.m.that night and had only one pregnancy emergency break in the middle of the dessert. (Thank you construction men for leaving those clean outhouses on the side of the road!) I don't think Riley liked the car ride to much. He kicked me a lot the entire ride. But we made it to Idaho, had some dinner,and fell asleep. Somehow all 4 1/2 of us fit into the queen size bed in my old bedroom but we were a little cramped. Harley didn't sleep well the first night. He is so attentive to me now. If I sneeze, cough, or even roll over in my sleep he gets up off his pillow bed, and will run over to me to find out what is wrong. It is cute, but not when he wakes me up. lol

Tuesday our first official day home, we ran into town (logan, Utah) to get a few things. I can't believe how much the valley has grown in just the few years since I have been here. The last time Chuck was home, was Christmas of 2006. wow! He couldn't believe all the changes either. Logan isn't a small town anymore. We stopped at the new Harley shop that neither of us have been in before, and found a really cute little onesie gift set for Riley. I figure if Chuck really wants us to have this Harley life thing...then I am going to make sure we are dressed nice, and don't look like a bunch of scuzzy homeless hooligans like most bikers do.

Wednesday we ran into town again....ran some errands and checked out some of our old haunts again. Thursday we had a mommy daughter date with my sister. We got a pedicure, and went to lunch at my favorite place in town....and even found some Maternity clothes!!! wooohoooo I think it's funny how in California where you are supposed to find everything....I can't find maternity clothes that really fit, and cannot find modest clothes. But in little ole Logan, Utah I can find modest clothing, and stuff that fits! lol All us girls had a pretty good time, and I even got to go to Magical Moon toys for the first time! It is a toy shop that sells toys that you don't usually find at wal-mart. They are fun and different toys.

Friday we ran into town again, and picked up last minute supplies for the baby shower. Also I survived a BBQ with Chuck's family. lol

Saturday was very eventful. Chuck was amazing and really helped clean the house up since I wasn't feeling so great. I had my first and hopefully last pregnancy fall. I was carrying my laptop and things downstairs and stepped on a doggy toy that had been thrown down the stairs. I fell the rest of the way down the stairs and flat of my tailbone. Ouch. So I was in a lot of pain the rest of the day.
we had a baby shower at my mom's. we had 6 people show up. Not to many, but it was really awesome to see some of my old friends from High School, and to see 2 of my YW leaders. We had a nice visit, and some of the girls even stayed a while after everything ended and we just caught up on all the hot gossip in town. lol

Sunday my bottom was still in a lot of pain.....I think I might have cracked it. The house was still clean, and so we didn't have to do anything to prepare for our family BBQ with my sister and her beautiful family. We had fun celebrating birthdays that we missed, and the kids loved all the gifts.

Monday we ran into town again and Chuck and I found some great sales on cute clothes for Riley. Tuesday I had a great lunch with a friend..... Chuck and I were able to register our car in Utah, and save a bundle of money. To register our Yukon in Idaho it would cost us $300 for a year. To register in cost us $49.50 for a year. Yah no decision was needed there, we went for the cheaper registration. lol We ran around town and found more sales, and I ran into my old High School principal Mr. Koch from Preston High! He is such a good guy. We had a lot of fun, but really weren't enjoying the hot weather.

That's all that is going on for now. My tailbone is still hurting a lot, and I wonder how I will do another 12 hour drive on it. I will post more later. ;0)
Love you all
XoXo-Andrea Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment