April 30, 2011

Parks, poop, Tiffany's, and Fire

Friday was an excellent day. Baby Bear and I went to Walden Park in the early afternoon. Momma stopped in at Burger King to get herself a Dr. Pepper as the case she got at Lucky's a few weeks ago said Diet. Dr. Pepper.....but she failed to notice it said CAFFEINE FREE!!! Who does that? Why would you make caffeine free Dr. Pepper? Ughhhh So with Caffeine in hand Mama and Baby bear went to the park to meet up with some of the other mommies that she knows. I was kind of timid about the idea as I always feel like I don't fit in. But now that Baby Bear is here....we fit in a little better.

The park was super fun. Baby Bear had a blast. I stripped him down into his dah dugh ta da's (diapers) because it was so hot and let him kick around and play on the blanket. He loved looking at the tree we were sitting under, and at the dog named Moby who was trying to snitch french fries off of us. ha ha

After everyone left Baby Bear and I sat in the car while he finished eating his chow. Then we drove over to Tiffany & Co. where we picked up my bracelet from getting the heart Mom charm attached from Christmas. When we were heading into downtown Walnut Creek......We noticed an art/crafty fair going on. Booths lined both sides of the street. So after we picked up the bracelet Baby Bear and I walked to Five Little Monkey's. It is a super cute little toy store. Then we walked up and down the street looking at all the fun crafts. There were paintings, carvings, jewelry, pottery, and things that I am not sure what they were. Baby Bear enjoyed all the attention he got and was awake and alert the entire time. Mama Bear had a few dollars left from what Papa Bear left her and so she bought herself a treat from Kara's Cupcakes. Baby Bear finally crashed out as we walked back to the car in the last two blocks.

When we got back to the car he woke up and screamed the whole way to Lucky's. Poor little guy was tired and hungry. So I fed him in the parking lot before heading into the store to buy some essentials that we ran out of. On the way home I saw that it was kind of smoky/smoggy. I found it odd as normally it is not smoggy here. As we turned onto Sunnyvale we saw flashing lights. I started to pray out loud begging that it wasn't our home. As we got closer I had to drive around a fire truck and found that I couldn't even drive down our street. But as we passed our street I saw that there were 8 fire trucks there. And the way they were angled they were facing my home. Tears started to well up in my eyes as I thought about Harley being trapped in our home, and all of our belongings. I had to park a few blocks down the street and so I grabbed Riley in his car seat, threw some blankets over him and ran back to the scene. I asked the fire Chief what happened and he looked at me like I was dumb and said a house was on fire. I asked him what house number and he said I don't know but you can go down there and see. I was afraid to go, but wanted to know if we still had a home. Baby Bear and I walked down the street and to our relief it was the neighbors home and not ours. I feel bad feeling relieved that it was someone Else's and not ours.....but I am also thankful we could come home to a home. So for hours our street was filled with 8 fire trucks, two ambulances, 4 squad cars, and two city fire vehicles. The fire trucks all had the generators going and it was loud. Poor Harley was having a melt down and was happy his mom had come home. I called Papa Bear needing to hear his voice as my nerves were shot from stressing about our home. He told me to use the stroller to get the groceries home. So Baby Bear was strapped to my chest in his sling, and we walked back to the car. I was able to load almost everything into the stroller, and we walked back.....

Now let me ask you this kids...What do you do when your neighbors house burned down and due to the 8 fire engines on your street your mom can't get the car home and has to use the stroller to get groceries in the house? Why you do what any little boy should do....You poop down the front of your mom while in your sling in front of the neighbors and fire men! Oh and don't forget to poop in the little pink bag that holds the Kara's cupcake your mommy bought herself as a treat!Yah super awesome good time! So we went home cleaned up and put stuff away. lol ohhhh what a day we had!

Baby bear ate and then crashed out from exhaustion. Mama Bear cleaned up in the kitchen, did the dishes and then with monitor in hand went outside to see if she could move the car into her driveway. She went with another neighbor and nicely asked a police officer since there were only 4 engines left on the street an they were past our house so it would be safe to move the cars. The officer was really rude about it and got snippy with me. If I wasn't asking him for a favor....I would have been snippy back. He got rude and said no since it would block the fire engines. I said we didn't want to park on the street....just pull into our driveways where we would be out of the way. He got mad and said fine. Then he turns around and tells us well hurry up if you are going to do it then hurry I need to respond to another call. MY BAD! I thought I was being nice asking to drive down the street instead of assuming it was all right and doing it anyway! Ughhhh Awnry guy!!!

After I got the car back in the driveway I went to talk to the awnry old lady that lives across the street. This woman is nice one minute and then crabby the next. You never really know which one you are going to get. lol She reeked of alcohol and was gossiping about someone whom she thought was my neighbor when she was really talking about me. I guess she didn't realise who I was. lol I talked to a few of the people who's home burned down...so sad.....Then I came in pumped, and went to bed only getting two hours of sleep before Riley woke up. Go figure. lol

So that was my adventurous day!! lol

XoXo-Andrea Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment