May 6, 2011

Surviving the week

So lately I have been playing the single parent role as Papa Bear is at Staff Academy. Now normally when he is away for a deployment or in the field I do fine. I would even be so bold as to say I thrive sometimes. But I can for sure say this time I am barely keeping my head above water. lol Now I must warn you...


If you show up on my doorstep without calling, texting, or my prior understanding that you will be arriving at a certain time.....I reserve the right to look like crap! I reserve the right to look like a complete mess. Now I will not look like this in public, but if you show up unexpected and I am kind enough to even answer the door.....don't judge me. lol My home is my safe place to hide out. I am allowed to relax and not have to worry about putting on a brave face, looking nice, or even caring what people think.

Now this is fine if you do not share my values on this, or opinion. But that's the great thing about's my home and I can do what I want in it! lol

Tuesday was a good day. Riley went to a friends house and was babysat for 3 whole hours!!! I desperately needed a nap so that is why I had asked her to watch him. I brought him over at 8a.m. and then rushed home. I walked Harley, pumped, and made something to eat. By then it was 9:45a.m. so I tried to sleep for a bit but because of the time crunch and the fact that I needed to pick him up soon I couldn't fall asleep. So I got up streaked through the shower, and got ready for the mommy and me class. I picked up Baby Bear and my friend said he was good. She said he got a little fussy but then fell asleep. I was really relieved that he was a good baby as I needed the small little break.

We drove down the street and went to our class. We had fun in our class, but It was a little sad when all the mommies talked about what they get to do for mothers day and what they would like to get or they got themselves. I have always been so excited for my first mothers day, but now I have will be alone for it. I guess I always pictured a celebration of sorts like we did for my mom growing up. BLAST!!! Oh well. I guess if Papa Bear isn't deployed next year, then maybe we can do it then.

Wednesday I took Baby Bear to the Oakland Children's hospital. We went to see a specialist about his eating, and drooling. I wasn't really sure where it was or how to get there, so I left a little early. Well as it turns out I left so early that I in fact showed up an hour early. lol Oh well better early than late.

I felt very uncomfortable at the hospital. It did not feel clean or comfy at all. His appointment went well and she told us Riley just needs to retrain himself the way he eats. So it will just take a little more effort on my part to try and get get him to the point where he is doing it on his own. We have a follow up appointment in a month to see how he is doing.

Thursday Riley had another Dr. appointment with his pediatrician. Poor little guy keeps getting poked and prodded this week. My little sack of potatoes weighed in at 10 lbs. 5oz!! He is slowly gaining, but he that's better than nothing, or even dropping weight. Yesterday we cried UNCLE....and had to turn on the air conditioning in the house as it got way to hot for us and poor Baby Bear was actually starting to sweat. I tried to hold out as long as possible as I hate running the a/c.....but it was 95 outside, and 83 in the house. ICK!!! At Riley's appointment he got more shots. Poor little guy. The nurse gave him 3 shots....and instead of staggering them out one on his right leg, then the left, and then the right again....she stabbed him twice the first time in his left leg and the poor little guy bled a lot! In fact it got all over his little Nemo outfit. ;0( I made another nurse come in to hold him while this went on because I know I will turn into that mom that snatches her baby away and I would like to avoid that. After his took me 20 minutes to calm him down and get him to stop crying. My poor baby boy. He was so cute and happy and all smiles....then we had to go and ruin it by giving him shots. I took Riley out for an ice cream cone at McDonald's after for being such a good boy. Now since he can't have ice cream yet....I made the sacrifice and but that bullet for him by eating the cone for him. I know....I was a huge sacrifice....but it needed to be done for my poor little Baby Bear. lol I drove around for a while after his appointment to make sure he was good and asleep. After we got home, he slept for another hour which was nice, and then that nice he slept for 6 hours which I got a little over 4 of that. wooohoooo!!!!

Well that is all for now.

XoXo-Andrea Carla

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have been a busy mom. Hang in there.