October 28, 2010

Graceling By: Kristin Cashore


So I figured I should catch up on some of my blogs about what I have been reading in the last little while.

Graceling is a very well written book. I really enjoyed it. Graceling's are a certain type of people born with a certain type of gift. Here is what the author wrote about it:

Graceling, my debut novel, is the story of Katsa, who has been able to kill people with her bare hands since she was eight. Katsa lives in the seven kingdoms, where very occasionally, a person is born with an extreme skill called a Grace. Gracelings are feared and exploited in the seven kingdoms, and none more so than Katsa, who's expected to do the dirty work of torture and punishment for her uncle, King Randa. But then she meets a mysterious stranger named Po, who is also a Graced fighter and the first person ever to challenge her in a fight. The two form a bond, and each discovers truths they never imagined about themselves, each other, and a terrible danger that is spreading slowly through the seven kingdoms.

I highly recommend this book. It was entertaining, kept you guessing on what would come next, and makes you want more at the end of the book.
I give this book a 5 out of 5 stars. I thought it was perfect!!! ;0)

XoXo-Andrea Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment