May 18, 2010

I am so proud...of me!

A while ago I started writing a book after I had a dream about it. I wrote for a few days and then Chuck came back from Uganda, and I slacked off. Then as time passed I convinced myself that it wasn't a good story and I should start over from scratch. So today I thought I would read what I had and then delete the things I didn't like and start again.

I read the 36 pages I already had and was pretty impressed with it. It was a lot better than I had remembered. I went through and corrected some things, but all in all I liked it. So I started writing again from where I left off. I was afraid I wouldn't have the same fire, or writing style...but I just took off as if I had never stopped.

I wrote for a little while, and cranked out 7 pages. I thought I was done for the day, and so closed up my computer, and headed to bed with my Man Husband. He let me watch my favorite shows season finale and then we went to bed. I laid here watching some more t.v. and not quite tired yet. So I talked myself into some more writing.

Now it's 2 a.m. and I just cranked out 13 more pages for a total of 20 pages, and 5,448 words! Woot Woot!!!

I now have two full chapter written, 53 pages, and a total of 15,421 words!! ;0) Now I know that is nothing in the publishing world, but it is something to me.

I ache to be a published writer. To be able to hold that hard bound book in my hands, and to know that others are reading and (hopefully) liking my book!

Well that is all for now, I just had to brag a little about how proud I am.

XoXo-Andrea Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment