May 22, 2010

Where I belong!!

So for the weekend Chuck had drill at Camp Roberts in Paso Robles, California. I have really been needing to get away. Chuck had talked to someone about me going with him to drill so I can go through the gas chamber with him. I want to experience the things that he does. I think it would help me better understand what he has to go through in the Marine Corps if I can see or do some of the things that he does. So I was pretty excited to be able to go. I mean really how often do you get to go through a gas chamber?

So I called my Aunt and Uncle in Paso, and asked if I could hang with them for the weekend. They said yes, so I packed and headed out the next day.

I love it here. I feel like this is where I belong. Is it because I was born here? Who knows!! Is it because of the lush green rolling hills? Is it the abundance of horses in every field? Is it the fact that Hearst Castle is just a hop skip and a jump away? Possibly. But I just love it here. I love being able to fall asleep with the window open and not hear cars, car alarms, or smell the neighbors smoking.

Now I like visiting my parents in Idaho, but I just love the look and the scenery here better than in Idaho.

I belong here, I love it here. I feel at home and so comfortable here.

I will write more about my activities later. I just wanted to drop in and say hello!!!

XoXo-Andra Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment