July 4, 2010

The Imagenarium of Doctor Parnassus Review

So lately Chuck has had to spend a few nights at work. So one night I thought I would order a PPV movie. There were a few I had seen and a few I wanted to see. I decided to settle for one I thought Chuck wouldn't really care to see. So I ordered The Imagenarium. I had heard a little buzz about this one. On how Heath Ledger was almost done filming it when he died, and how several other actors had stepped up and offered their services to take his place in the film so that it could continue.

It started out a little weird, and never really got normal. It was fun and weird. Not don't get me wrong I would not recommend that you spend any money on this. But if you have the opportunity to see it for free, and you have nothing better to do with your life...then go for it.

The movie was able to move around Heath Ledger's death just fine, and the actors that replaced him in certain scenes did a good job. But overall I found the movie bizarre.

The movie is about an old traveling carnival in modern times. They get around by horse and carriage. The get volunteers to go onstage, and then once the volunteer passes through the mirror on the stage they are in Dr. Parnassus imagination. Dr. Parnassus made a deal with the devil to be immortal if he collects souls for the devil. So once the person is in his immagenarium they have a choice to make. It is kind of like will they make the right or wrong choice?

The carnival finds and saves a man one night from hanging to death. (Heath Ledger) He in turn helps Dr. Parnassus collect souls to save his daughter from belonging to the devil when she turns 16.

Overall I give the movie a 1 1/2 out of 5 stars. I wouldn't waste my time on this one folks.

XoXo-Andrea Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment