August 14, 2010

The Summoning Book review




So I found a book a while ago called The Summoning. I wasn't to sure about it, but thought it looked interesting. I started the book over a week ago, and read the first two chapters. But I think that due to not feeling so great, and the fact I wasn't sure about the book to begin with...I put it down and didn't pick it up for a while. I picked it up again the other day, and decided to give it another try. When an author is introducing a new series...I feel bad for them because they have so many introductions, and explanations to make so you understand the characters....but it is very hard to do so without losing the interest and attention of your audience. So I gave it one more chance before ditching the book. I really try and finish a book even if I do not like it so I can give it a chance. So....I picked it up and finished it in one night. I couldn't sleep.....and so I read all night long. The book turned out to be pretty good, and so I was eager for the next one.

The book is about a girl named Chloe. She is going to a special art school, and one day....finds out she can see ghosts. But when she See's one, she freaks out not understand what is going on. Her school sends her away to a group home for an eval before she can come back. But the group home turns out to be more than she thought it was. All the kids at the Lyle House seem to not have a mental illness.....but they seem to be a little more than that. As it turns out Chloe is a Necromancer.....And she is part of a bunch of supernatural kids that are really a science experiment. Chloe and her friends decide things are so good....and make an escape......

The book was really good, and I would give it a 3 out of 5 stars.

XoXo-Andrea Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment