February 2, 2011

Two Weeks!

Being a mommy is pretty fun. Our first week home was actually really easy. I was waiting for all the screaming and crying, but didn't get any. Riley has been pretty consistent with waking every 2 1/2-3 hours for a feeding and diaper change. And he really doesn't cry. He has had a few times where he gets so mad that he cries......but it's not a blood curdling scream. He grunts a lot, and that seems to be his main way of crying so far.
The day after we got back from the hospital, Chuck and I went to his work so he could check on some things. We also went to Babies R Us so I could get some feeding supplies. As we walked to the front doors my alarm on my phone went off saying that it was time for Riley to get fed. He was still asleep so I figured we had a few minutes. Well I was really wrong. As we entered the building my little man woke up and started to fuss. Then he started to fuss more, and louder. As it turned out I had to take him to the car for an emergency feeding, while Chuck purchased the stuff we came for. It was a little bit of an interesting day. Then we made it about half way to Panda Express before he needed a diaper change. So while Chuck grabbed some din din I changed Riley on the front seat of the car. lol

My sister and her family came into town this weekend to take pictures of my little Riley bug. We have spent a few days together, and I of course thought I was up to a lot more than I was. I wanted to go to the Monterey Bay Aquarium with them, and so Chuck and I tagged along. I have to admit that i do not know what the big deal is about that place. I have been to a better aquarium before, but it was cool I guess, and the kids had a good time. It was a 3 hour drive to and from and Riley did great. On the way there I pumped in the car, and then while everyone ate, I fed Riley and then he ruined 3 outfits so we spent the whole time in the car trying to get all cleaned up. lol
We then made it to the aquarium and that is where I felt like I was going downhill. I started to hurt and was really tired. I really tried to keep up and such, but found myself needing to sit down constantly. Soon my incision was really hurting and I had to sit out for the last half of the tour. I just didn't have any energy left to do anything. I felt bad as I should have known better than to try and go out on such a big outing so soon. Riley did great the whole time, but I was a basket case.
My sister started taking pictures of my little man, and when she told me how long it would take I thought HOLY MOO COW BATMAN!! Why on earth will it take 5 hours?!! Well now I know why........she was so patient with him. He would fuss and get fidgety with her, but she would just sit there and comfort him and wait for him to go back to sleep. It was fun to finally see her taking pictures. And it was so cool to see her taking my little man and posing him so cute. I loved watching her work. Riley was a little fuss bucket........but she got some great pics of the little guy. he he he I can't wait to see the finished pictures! ;0)

I can't believe that Riley is 2 weeks old now. I don't like it one bit. I have tried to talk to him about not getting any older or bigger.....but he hasn't been listening. I even think that he has grown a little. I don't want him to, I love how small he is. ;0)

I seem to be coming down with a cold now........Boooooo!!!!! I hope I don't give it to my little Riley man. That's all for now.

XoXo-Andrea Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment