December 31, 2010

Movies Review

So I thought I would do a combo movie review of things I have seen lately instead of doing each one individually.


Sorcerers Apprentice
This movie was great, and a lot better than I had originally thought it would be. It is funny and entertaining. You are rooting for the apprentice the whole movie and you aren't sure if he will be able to handle this huge responsibility he is given. It has a fun little romance in it, and you are cheering for that as well. I am not a major fan of Nicolas Cage movies, but he has managed to have a few good ones...this being one of them. I would recommend it as a good family movie. I give it 3 1/2 out of 5 stars. Make sure you watch this one.....It even gives a shout out to the Mickey Mouse version.



The A-Team

I was completely convinced that this was going to be the biggest guy movie ever. I figured it would be all about checking out the ladies, burping, farting, and flicking boogers. Oh yah and I figured there might be a little action in there as well. I apologize now for making those assumptions. This was actually a really funny movie. It had a lot of comedy, some good action....and surprisingly none of the booger flipping stuff. It really was a decent movie. I laughed a lot and was really impressed. I would leave the younger kiddos out of this one, But think it's fine for the older teens. I also suggest you make it a fun date night movie instead. I give it a 3 out of 5 stars. If you want something light and funny.....go for this one.




Inception
This movie really had me wondering. I know a lot of you have been disappointed in the movie industry lately with movies looking amazing or good and then you end up with a talking goat (Drag me to Hell reference) in the middle of your movie and it just ruins the whole thing. This movie looked just like that. It had the structure of being really good and having Lot's of potential.....but looked like it was more than likely going to be a flop.
Chuck really wanted nothing to do with this movie and after over a week of begging him to watch it with me he caved. ;0) This movie lived up to it's preview. It had you completely guessing the entire time. I am even a little confused at how the ending was. I liked it a lot and would actually like to see it again. I don't think I want to add it to our family collection, but it really is worth watching. It is full of action and keeps you on your toes. You really have to pay attention to everything in the film. I again would leave the younger kiddos out of this one but think it's just fine for the teens. I give it a 3 out of 5 stars.


Easy A
This movie had a great trailer. It had some funny lines and looked like it was going to be great. I am a fan of actress Amanda Bynes and there is some other great talent in the movie as well. I really wanted to see this movie. Chuck got to see it before me and thought it was funny and said I would like it. Once it came to PPV we thought hey why not rent it for the night.
Well it was funny, but not a wow type of movie. It is just a real modern version of the scarlet letter. It was cute and funny but I do not feel like I have gained or lost anything by watching it. I felt it was a real blah type of movie. Good but not wow. I give this movie a 2 1/2 out of 5 stars. If it's free and you have some free time go ahead and watch it without the kids. But you aren't missing that much.


Prince of Persia
Again this movie trailer looked like it had the potential to be really good. It had a lot of action and what appeared to be maybe a little romance. I am not a huge fan of Jake Gyllenhaal but thought the film was worth a try. Chuck and I really wanted to see this movie, but opted to wait until it was released on video. This was a very fun date night movie, but think it is appropriate for teens as well. I think kids might find some of the scenes a little scary so would not suggest the youngsters watch it. I give this movie a good 4 out of 5 stars. It had great action, adventure, and tasteful romance.



Salt
This movie I figured was going to be another good Angi movie. I am a big fan of Angelina Jolie's acting and she usually puts out good movies. I heard a lot of mixed reviews on this one, so Chuck and I were really waiting on this one. We decided to watch it for our New Years eve movie to end 2010.
This movie keeps you guessing and on your toes the entire time. You want to have faith in her character and you start rooting for her. But as the movie keeps going and the more you learn about her past.....you aren't so sure if she is the good guy anymore and you start to lose a little faith in her. You really need to pay attention during this film and keep up. I really liked this movie, although I am unsure of what her full intentions were in the end. Again this is a great date night or older teen movie. It has action, tasteful romance, and mystery. Some great bad guys, and some great good guys. Which team are you really rooting for? I give this movie 4 out of 5 stars. I found it very fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment