December 31, 2010

My Year in Review


As the year seems to be ending I have been thinking back on all the events that have happened to my friends and I. Things that have happened to others that I have heard about or read in the news. Some people I know some I don't. But the thing that really dawned on me.....is that even though I have felt like I had a pretty tough year and have been really sick for most of it. It really hasn't been bad.

I wanted to show a list of the things I have felt my family and I were blessed with this year.

1-I was able to attend the Temple whenever I wanted....sometimes daily. I was also able to attend multiple sessions.

2-Chuck and I decided to start a family and I became pregnant right away.

3-Chuck was able to go to Norway for work and had a great time.

4-Chuck and I were able to go home during the summer for the 1st time in 10 years together.

5- We have a roof over our heads and Chuck has a steady and consistent job. Like some families we felt on some days like we might be sinking, but we still managed to swim.

6-We have an amazing ward that we are a part of.

7-Even though our car got stolen, it was recovered and it gave us the opportunity to purchase a newer safer car for the family.

8-We made some amazing friends with the Sister missionaries.

9-Chuck's lifelong dream to own a Harley Davidson motorcycle came true and he is now the proud owner of a FatBoy Lo

10-I have been able to get to know one of my Aunt's a lot better.

11-I have been able to almost buy everything I have wanted or needed for our Son when he is born.

12-Chuck and I reached our 10 year anniversary even though people thought we wouldn't make it.....we did! That was a majorly huge milestone for us.

13-A friend of mine finally got approved for a surgery she has needed for some time.

14-I have reconnected with long lost friends on facebook. Even though I laugh at that statement.....It has been amazing to be able to talk to people again whom I haven't seen or talked to in years. And it has been amazing to find some of my girlfriends who I love and have always wondered what happened to them.

15-I have become better friends with people on facebook than I ever was with them in my younger days. It is really great to be able to cast off the immaturity of adolescence and really get to know someone and truly see how amazing they really are.

16-Some days I thought I was really and truly miserable and sick. Some days I thought I had it pretty bad and felt very depressed. But I have had a lot of blessings in my life and in Chuck's. And to be able to look back on that and see all the good things instead of the bad is truly amazing.

17-I know I complained a lot while I had morning sickness....and just plain pregnancy sickness, but the truth is....I was able to get pregnant, I may have felt bad, but I have a baby that is growing very well in my tummy. He seems to be doing well and is healthy. We won't know for sure until he is born. But it's a lot to be thankful for regardless.

18-Chuck and I are thankful that even though we were young and immature when we got married.....we have stuck through it together and have not given up. Granted we have our days where we question our sanity.....but I don't know of anyone who doesn't have challenging days with each other.

For those who know me, I have always suffered from seeing things as the glass is half empty. But this year has really been a turn around for me. Chuck and I seem to reach new milestones every year, and I love how this year has really changed us and how we have grown together, and become a better couple. This year has been a huge year for us.

I am also really looking forward to the things that are to come for 2011. Granted I am scared of our upcoming new orders and PCSing.....but it will be a new adventure. And you know as much as I whine about it....it always seems to be a fun adventure. I am however UBER excited to become a mommy. I have waited for this for so long and as the clock is ticking closer.......I am getting more and more excited about it.
Well.....Here is to the closing of a good year. And to the start of something new. ;0)

XoXo-Andrea Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment