December 7, 2010

Tick Tock...Tick Tock...

Well the clock seems to be moving very slowly for me here. Of course it is 1 a.m. and I am no where near sleepy yet. I decided to try a vaporizer tonight to help reduce my coughing...hopefully it will work. I think because I am so congested I can't breath through my nose, and so I breath through my mouth which dries my throat, and makes me cough. So here is to hoping!

My little man is growing fast. He is almost 17 inches long, and weighs about 4lbs. His quarters are getting a little cramped now, and so I feel when he shifts around. When he kicks my intestines....they give some interesting sounds in response.....do you think it is in protest? ha ha ha This evening Chuck and I were sitting in the living room talking when Riley gave me a pretty hard kick in the tummy parts. In response my stomach started making these really loud rumblings and gurgling....lol we were both laughing pretty hard. I mean it was really loud. Later tonight after I had showered, and we had read our scriptures, Chuck put his hand over my tummy to feel Riley. We poked and prodded and got him moving for a little bit. We laughed as my belly was making wavy movements and Chuck started humming the Jaws theme.....lol He gave a few good kicks that Chuck felt, and we both enjoyed it. I love that Chuck is able to bond with Riley somewhat right now. I have been feeling happier and happier than I ever have.....and I know it is just going to get better. I know I will be sleep deprived and hardly be able to form sentences sometimes I will be so exhausted....but I know that I will be happy! I just wish time would hurry on up and my little man would get here!! I am so excited to meet him.

Chuck and I agree for the most part about raising Riley with the tv....I think we both agree that most of today's kids shows are crap. We were raised with Tailspin, Duck Tales, Smurfs, and so many other great shows. And in each episode The characters have a morale to the story. Like they are helping a neighbor, doing a good dead, just something good in general that isn't selfish. We have noticed a lot of shows now don't even have that. They focus on an adventure, not a good morale for the story. Sure a good adventure is needed....but it should be because they are on a good deed mission or something. We really aren't fans of a lot of the newer cartoons these days. And so I am guessing Riley will be raised with shows we were raised with. Now as he gets older, he will see the things that are on tv.....but by then he will have already been taught a good foundation. ;0)

Chuck got a Christmas tree this weekend, but time and energy has made is impossible to decorate it yet. But from what little ability I have to smell....the house smells great! I am still not in the holiday spirit but I am thinking maybe it is because I can't get anything amazing for my husband this year. I mean granted he just got a Harley, but I just want to see his face light up like a kid when he finds something he wanted under the tree. Maybe next year. lol Chuck and I did decide for this year instead of gifting that we should get a few movies, some of our favorite treats, and break out the board games. So we are to choose a movie we would like, one the other person would like, and one we would both like. I have a few ideas of what he would like....but I want it to be great.....not good, GREAT! I hope I can find him something that will fit that category.

Is it sad that tonight I started to think of what I should make for Riley's first birthday cake? lol Yah I know I am a nerd.....but I really am excited for all these fun little milestones he is going to have. And I want each one to be awesome. It doesn't have to be big and amazing....just awesome! ;0)


Well that is all for now.
XoXo-Andrea Carla

1 comment:

  1. My oldest is almost 2. We don't even have cable... She doesn't watch TV and plays all day long and entertains herself. The only thing I see that lacks is I dont think she talks as much as she should, just because she doesnt hear it unless its coming from her Dad and I. We have started buying some movies for her to watch every once in awhile, but she never sits still long enough. There is so much more out there than the TV.

    ReplyDelete