December 31, 2010

Ready....Set.....

Well things are coming together pretty well. I think I have everything that I have wanted to get for Riley and the Nursery. I am sure there is something I am forgetting...but I don't know what it is.

I have really been wanting to get a better stroller that will work for me better. Chuck had convinced me to get the Jeep stroller, and he wanted the Baby Trend car seat carrier (I liked Britax). I like it, but didn't want it because it had a fixed wheel. We also thought that we would be able to find a way to make the carrier snap into the stroller. But after a lot of fiddling with it....the carrier will just not attach to the stroller. Also it has a fixed wheel, and it will make it hard for me to take the stroller into stores in the mall, or shopping in town. The Jeep stroller is great for evening walks, and when Chuck wants to P.T. But I just feel it isn't what I need. So after Lot's of begging and pleading and probably to much whining......I got a new stroller that is the same make as the car seat. Chuck had told me that we couldn't afford to waste money on another stroller. So I went through our DVD collection and have now whittled it down from 700 to about 500. We took all the DVDs to Rasputin's music and DVDs and sold the movies. We got enough to buy the stroller I wanted. The Baby Trend stroller was listed at $149. And we had a good coupon for it as well. So late last night we went in and as we were headed back to the stroller isle....and passed the clearance section. I stopped as I saw a Baby Trend stroller combo that I liked. It didn't have a price on it, and so we took it to the front and asked. It turned out that the $220 stroller set was an extra display they needed to get rid of. It was brand new and was only $148!!! So I said why not. I know we already had the car seat, but basically we were getting another one for free. And we have two cars, so the extra base thrown in is a good deal. So now I have a stroller that will work perfectly for me, one that will work great for family evening walks. Also we have a base for each car so we don't have to keep taking the one out each time we want to drive something else, and won't run the risk of forgetting to remove it and then be stranded because we don't have the base.

Also today we ran around and found some last minute things I wanted to get to be prepared for baby. I also got a few things to stuff in my go bag for the hospital. So I really do feel prepared now for Riley. There are a few wants left on the list.....but nothing that is necessary for us to function I think.

Now all that needs to happen is some major cleaning in the house and some picture hanging. I have Riley's go bag done, mine is almost packed and done. And I have things set out in a way I think will be good for us. I am sure things will change a little as we find what our routine is. But I really do feel happy about how things are.

I am really ancy about being done with this pregnancy and starting to be a mommy. I have waited for so long for this and I just can't wait. I know that Riley really needs to incubate longer but I am just itching to meet him. lol I have noticed that I talk to him a lot now. When he wakes up in the morning I talk to him, and when he really starts kicking me.....I talk to him. lol I am really excited for this next step in our lives. ;0)

Well that is all for now. And this is my last post for 2010! It has been a life changing year, full of ups and downs, and a lot of growth and learning. Thanks all for reading my blog, and being a part of my life.

XoXo-Andrea Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment