February 14, 2010

Aubin's Awesome Lunch

Yesterday I had the best lunch ever at an investigators house, and I felt I just had to make it for dinner last night. I am all about the recipe's that are ones you just can't mess up. It makes life easier for me I think. lol We all even talked about how stupid proof this recipe is. Well leave it to me to mess it up somehow! lol

Aubin our investigator whom I love was kind enough to make us this amazing lunch. The bottom layer was red potatoes, the next layer Chicken breast, with a seasoning on top. The next layer diced carrots,and the top layer string beans. Now Aubin said she even throws all this in the oven when it's frozen and it cooks fine. But I thought maybe I should do it with thawed chicken the first time. I mean really why give myself reason to fail. So Chuck and I ran to the store, and picked up all the ingredients, and ran home so I could make some good chow.

I used a roast pan and layered everything just like I was supposed to. I added some sliced mushrooms before the carrots, and popped it in the oven for an hour for some flash cooking. When I took it out, it looked fine....but it didn't taste the same at all. And Aubin's had a little water in the bottom of the pan when it was done cooking, but she said she didn't add any liquid to it. Mine was dry. I don't like dry meat. Chuck said it tasted great, but I can't stand dry meat, and the spice didn't spread throughout the pan....it just stayed on the meat. So next time I will add a little water in the bottom of the pan, and a little more spice to the whole meal. It did taste great don't get me wrong. And the chicken was so tender you could slice it easily with your fork. But I just don't enjoy dry meat. But it really did taste pretty good. Here is some pics of the before and after.....and......the recipe. Feel free to substitute rice for the potatoes, or add something else you might like. And please note....I used to hate cooked carrots, and string beans....Just ask my mum and dad. I wouldn't even touch them.....but now I know how to season them just right so they don't taste like something nasty!!

going into the oven:


Cooked:



Aubin's awesome lunch

Bottom layer red potatoes, or rice with water. lightly sprinkled with salt
next layer thawed chicken breast with Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb seasoning blend worked into both sides of meat.
3rd layer small carrots, or diced carrots
top layer frozen string beans. make sure you cover the top with it.

Pop in the oven at 450 and flash cook for 1 hour. (If meat is frozen, cook for an extra 15-20 minutes.)

Feel free to add another ingredient like mushrooms to the mix. And add more spice as desired.

Love you all

XoXo-Nonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment