February 23, 2010

Confessions from a Neglected Kitchen

This evening I wanted to make a good dinner for my hubby. I thought that I would try another cast iron pot meal. So I took a whole frozen Pork Roast that was frozen and threw it in the pot along with a few sliced potatoes, and one onion, and 3 carrots. I threw in some Mrs. Dash's spice on top, and threw it in the oven for 2 hours at 450. When I pulled it out, it looked like it needed a little longer to cook, so I threw it in the oven again for about 30 minutes, and that did the trick just fine. When I pulled it out of the oven it smelled a little like an out house would. ;0( That is noooo good!
But at least it tasted good. I threw the thermometer in it just to make sure, and it hit 170! Safe...phew! Next time I think I will marinate the pork, or cook it in an Onion Soup mix.
Here is a before and after pic, my heart shaped potato, and a really weird Russian soda I found.

XoXo-Andrea Carla



No comments:

Post a Comment