February 10, 2010


So I haven't blogged in a few days, and I have really been wanting to do an update. Not much is going on here. I started institute last week, and that was really fun. I am really liking the classes I am taking, and making a few friends. And even though I am in the older age group in class....I am still having some fun. I feel that I have something to offer the kids in class who are very young. I have experience in what not to do. I know that may sound harsh. But it is true. I have made a lot of mistakes in life, but I also have the experience to help others who may be leaning in that direction to not make the same mistakes. I think if maybe I can help a few people realize that.....it will be worthwhile.

Last week was pretty cool, and on Saturday I got to go to the Temple with my sis in law for the first time. I had a pretty busy day, but it was really good. The session went really well, except that my stomach was growling so loud I was afraid they might have to stop things because I was to loud! lol My tummy was making my S.I.L. laugh pretty hard. We stopped by the distribution center on the way out, then headed back home to rescue Chuck from the 3 kids he was babysitting. He actually did very well, and I was happy to see he was still alive. ;0) I forgot my camera, and so was unable to take a picture of us at the Temple!!! Next time for sure!! ;0) When we got back, I left right away with the sisters to go meet an investigator for the 1st time. We all talked about the gospel and such, and she agreed to come to Church with me on Sunday.

Sunday was pretty good for the most part. The Investigator came and sat through most of sacrament with me. She wasn't feeling all that well, and so she didn't stay for the whole thing, but I am hoping that she will try Sunday school with me this week. ;0) She seems really sweet. And even though I have only met her a few times, I hope that we can become better friends.

So far this week has been pretty good. On Tuesday the sister came over again with the lovely Dayna Bain!! We had a lot of fun visiting and studying. And Dayna was so sweet, and made us cookies that were divine!! I will have to get her recipe, because they were delish! ;0) Thanks Dayna!! The sisters stayed for another hour after, and studied with me, then as they were getting ready to leave we ran next door, and gave my neighbors a Book of Mormon in Bulgarian that we had ordered. They seemed to like it, and even though we have that language barrier, I hope they enjoy it! ;0)

Today was my long day, and I loved it. I had two classes at Institute, and then attended the Forum lecture, and lunch. I was going to skip out on the lunch this time, but decided to stick around. I love Clam Chowder, and that is what Sister B made for us. So I stuck around afterwards, and ended up really enjoying it. I got to visit with several people and get to know some of the people I have class with. I really am glad I stuck around. And the clam chowder was divine! ;0) When I got home I ran the vacuum over the floor real quick, and then waited for the sisters. After they were 20 minutes late, I started making the Banana bread without them. Well they ended up not showing. After they were 1 1/2 hours late, I called them, and they were having a pretty stressful day. I told them no worries, and told them I would see them tonight. I finished up the banana bread, and then when Chuck got home, we dropped a loaf off at the investigators house. I was really hoping to see her, but alas she was not home. So I left it on her door step. I hope no one stole it. This evening the sisters came to pick me up, and we went with my other loaf of nana bread to another investigators house. I love this woman, and just really enjoy going to her home. We are going to go on Saturday and help her with some yard work. ;0) She seemed to really be open to this evenings lesson on the restoration. I hope she will start to take the lessons soon.

Well that is all for now.

XoXo-Andrea Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment