February 13, 2010

Weeds of life!

So today was a good day. I spent 2.5 hours weeding at an investigators house with the sisters, and it was actually really relaxing. I normally associated it with being a teenager..and in that whiny voice saying " I don't wanna weed your garden mom!!" And it brought back memories of my summer days being wasted by yard work for a yard I did not appreciate. So even though I did not want to help weed, and it was my idea to do it. And I was secretly hoping that she would cancel on us. But it turned out really nice. I have been living city life for so long I kind of forgot what it was like to be able to hear birds, and not the traffic. And to just sit in the yard and relax. It was very soothing. (except the rocks I sat on!) Now her whole yard was rocks, and so we were pulling the weeds from her entire front yard....which is a little big...I'm not gonna lie! lol But with the four of us, we tackled it in 2.5 hours, and then we were fed the best lunch ever!! I am actually making it tonight for dinner. ;0) Look for another confessions blog coming soon so you can get the recipe and see the results of if it was a fail, or a success. Sister Dinkins and Sister Goulding were cracking me up with Sister Dinkins humming "There is Sunshine in my soul today!" and Sister Goulding's unusual interest in the bugs! lol Then they both became unusually fascinated by the mushrooms growing in the yard....and then we went off on growing them in the apartment, and how they would explain that to the mission pres! lol Those girls are so easily entertained and I love them for that!! lol They make me laugh all the time!

So the title of the blog is Weeds of life. Someone in my Institute class gave a great explanation of a scripture. So people don't let weeds grow in their garden, so Alma Chapter 32 says: Don't let weeds or doubt grow in your life and in between the gospel and you in your life.
;0) Well I took a few pics of the girls. I hope you enjoy!!

XoXo-Andrea Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment