March 4, 2011

I'm published!


So a long time ago I submitted some recipes online for the next WorldWide Ward cookbook by Deanna Buxton. On one of them I submitted a picture of Chuck and I from one of the Marine Corps Balls as sometimes if you are selected for submission.....they can add your picture.

After I had done so I told Chuck all about it as I was so excited. My excitement was quickly crushed as I found out I shouldn't have submitted the picture with him in uniform as I guess the Corps frowns on that. It was to late as it had already been sent in, and I didn't know if I would be selected or not.

Today in the mail I received the next book in the WorldWide Ward Cookbook series. This one is called secret recipes! I sat on the couch and flipped through all the pages trying to find out if I was selected or not, and sure enough I was! Of course it was the one recipe that had the picture with it, but alas there is nothing I can do about it. This is a cookbook compiled by someone in our church. All it is, is people from our church around the world submitting recipes that they love.

I have to say I am pretty excited that my recipe made it. I will share the recipe here, as it is one of my favorites!! I also have a friend who asked to borrow this recipe one night so she could cook for her boyfriend. Little did she know it was the night he would propose to her. ;0)

You can purchase the book Here: WorldWide Ward Cookbook
XoXo-Andrea Carla


Pizza Casserole

1 12-oz. bag uncooked wide egg noodles (or any fun shape)
1 lb. sausage
1 8-oz. can sliced olives
1 8-oz. can slices mushrooms
1 26-oz. jar meaty spaghetti sauce
1 lb. cheese, shredded (any kind)

Heat oven to 350. Cook pasta according to package directions and drain. While pasta is cooking, cook sausage in a pan over medium-high heat. Stir while cooking, and make sure it is broken down into small pieces and cooked through. In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta, browned sausage, olives, mushrooms, and spaghetti sauce. Set aside 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Mix remaining cheese into bowl. Transfer to a large casserole dish. Sprinkle reserved cheese over top. Cover with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Take off tin foil cover and bake uncovered for 10-15 additional minutes or until cheese has melted and is slightly crusted on top. Remove and let stand a few minutes so cheese can harden a little.

Makes 8 servings.

1 comment: