March 14, 2011

Military Wife Survey

This is a little survey I found on The Arthur Family blog. I hope you enjoy this, and hop on over to hers so you can see what her Army life answers are. ;0) Thanks Kelly!!

1. How long have you been a military wife? Since September of 2000.



2. What branch of service is your husband? Marine Corps!!


3. Active/Reserve? Active


4. What is his job? He's a Mechanic for the HMMV, LVS, and 7 ton



5. How many deployments have you gone through? 4 to Iraq, 1 to Norway, and 1 to Uganda



6. ACU's or Class A's on your man? I love seeing my man in his Dress Blues!



7. What do you like about being a military wife? Feeling proud of my husband and his occupation!!!



8. Do you live on base? Nope. We have always lived off of base. The reason my husband says is so that work can stay at work.
We have yet to see that happen. Lol


9. What is your favorite base so far? I loved Camp Pendleton and living so close to MCRD San Diego. But I have to say Living here near San Francisco has been my favorite so far.


10. What's the hardest part of the military life? The sense of always being left out. Being stationed with this Unit for the last few years has really been amazing. I have been included in everything and it has been so incredible to be able to be a part of things and feel included for once. It has opened my eyes to what my husband really does in the Corps, and has shown me a different side of it that normally most wives do not get to experience. I am sad to go back to the fleet, where I am betting it will go back to being shut out again. But I am so grateful for this experience.



11. Do you go to the grocery store or commissary? The grocery store unless I am somewhere near a commissary. I have never lived near enough to one to make it worth the drive.



12. Do you work or stay at home? I stay at home, and try to make a little money selling things on the side.



13. Do you have a lot of military wife friends? Quite a few. All over the world too.



14. Do you prefer Walmart or the PX/BX/MCX/NEX? I like them both for different reasons. I prefer Wal-Mart for it's variety, and the MCX for it's good prices, and no sales tax!!! Hello Coach purses $100 off and no tax!! lol



15. How did your husband propose? Lol We had discussed it, and I figured he would do something fancy. All he did was say... "so you want to get married?" Then when he got my ring, he asked......"So when do you want your ring?!!" Yah!!



16. Did you marry him after he joined or before? After.


17. How long have you been together? Married 10 years 6 months, and know each other for 11 yeas and 2 months! lol



18. Any kids yet? We just had our first child....A handsome baby boy!!!



19. Any kids yet to come? Hopefully at the very least one more!



20. Is your husband one of those "I am a soldier hear me Roar!" kind of guys? Absolutely not...I would say I am probably more like that about him. Ha ha I am for sure the motivator in the family.


21. Have you ever done combatives with your husband? We used to mess around. But he always wins!



22. How many bases have you lived at? 3



23. If you could change one thing about the military? I would change the communication. It can be very little info we receive sometimes. And I would allow our guys to Skype no matter what rank or where they are as long as they have Internet! :)



24. Do you like military balls? I love them.....but I think Wives should be able to give some input on them as well.



25. Where does your family live? Utah, and Idaho



26. What do you do for a job? Clean house, take care of my infant son, and try to sell Scentsy.



27. Have you ever gotten in a fight with an NCO's wife? Um.. No.


28. Name one thing you do when your husband is gone? Whenever he is gone I stay up really late and watch stupid movies. I also get into a really good routine.



29. Do you think other wives do that too? Maybe...... Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment