March 23, 2011

Loving it!!

I don't have much time to write, but I just wanted to pop in and say that even though I have no idea what the heck I am doing.....I am loving being a Mommy!!!!

Sure the sleepless nights are taking a toll, and I feel like I am being worn down. But you know what makes it all worth it?......Today after a very fussy morning with Riley.....after I fed him....he rolled over and just smiled and laughed at me for no reason. I hadn't tried to egg it out of him or anything....he just smiled because he wanted to, and my little heart just burst with joy!!! ;0)

The other day I was in Babies R Us getting some more supplies, and this woman walks up to me and commented on how cute Riley was. Then she asked if he was my first. I said yes and she was astonished at how I was cradling Riley in one arm and guiding the shopping cart, and paying the clerk with my other hand. She said I looked like such a natural. I wanted to hug her for such a kind comment. To have a complete stranger be impressed with what they see is kind of cool.

I do have to say most days I feel like I am barely winging it....trying to keep the house clean, baby fed, changed, clean, and happy, and of course to not forget about my husband. I feel like I am just making things up as I go sometimes.....and I have to laugh at myself. But you know I love it. The other day I realised that I have kind of been liking doing the dishes every night to make sure all my pumping equipment and bottles are ready for the night shift and the next day. I just finally feel I am starting to figure out the whole wife and mommy thing. lol

Well I had better go. My little man is being good in his crib being entertained by his mobile and Mozart....but I need to get something else done before he fusses...


....too late.... lol

XoXo-Andrea Carla

1 comment:

  1. It sounds to me like you are a natural and you have it all under control. The lesson I have learned now that I am on #3, don't questions yourself or waste time worrying and stressing. It's over way to fast to waste time with that stuff. Just enjoy every second! -Kristi
    Found you through Milspouse Friday Fill-In

    ReplyDelete