March 4, 2011

Summer Infant Video Monitor



I wanted to tell you all about this great monitor. I am so in love with this thing. We actually have two monitors in our house for Riley. One that tells you the temperature and this one. The video monitor is by far my favorite.

The sound is so clear, and I do not get any static sound out of it. When I use it I normally have a porter music box CD playing in the background in the nursery, and I still hear Riley more clear on the monitor, and barely pick up the music. The battery life so far has been great. I can use the stand on the back to prop itself up and do the dishes and still see and hear him. I have taken it into the bathroom and set it on the counter while I shower, and I can still see Riley. The picture is very clear and I can tell if his eyes are open or not. Also if the room is light enough the video is in color. If there isn't enough light, it turns black and white. And it there is no light, there is night vision that still allows you to see your child very clearly.

If you are running around the house with it, the video will shut off to preserve the battery. You can still hear your little one the entire time though. If you want to see them, there is a little button on the top that you press and the picture appears for a few minutes before going off again. If the monitor is plugged in to charge, the video stays on the whole time. I really love this thing as I feel more comfortable leaving Riley to sleep alone and not have to go check on him every 5 seconds to see if he has somehow covered his face and smothered himself.

I highly recommend this. It really makes me feel better knowing I can check in on him without disturbing him. I mean how many people have crept to the edge of the crib to check on their baby....and have the floor creak and it wakes up baby and now you have to start all over again. Or Baby catches your scent and spots you before you can get out of site. Or what about the toddler who is trying to make a break for it out of their crib and are being awfully quiet and you go to check on them and then they are screaming crying mad because they saw you. I love this thing. You can be completely sneaky and they don't know it!!

You know you could probably use this also for watching your dog when you go outside without them and see what kind of shenanigans they get into, or to catch your husband stealing cookies from the cookie jar when you have been blaming the kids for it all along. ha ha ha

I hope you give this a try. It is so worth it. You can purchase it here: Summer Infant Video Monitor
XoXo-Andrea Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment