January 27, 2010

Personal Study Day 1

So I am ashamed to say that even though I love my religion, I do not know that much about the gospel. I do not know how to navigate my way through the scriptures, and do not know the stories that well. So I have really been trying to make it my goal to learn as much as I can. I am not a molly Mormon, and I do not like people who shove their religion down your throat. But I do know that if I believe in this gospel, I need to know about it. Not just feel it is true, but I need to educate myself. What if a friend wanted to know what I believe in. I can't just say that I feel it is true. I should be able to say more than that. So I am all about educating myself right now. And I love to read, so this is fun for me. Now the scriptures are a little tough to navigate. But I am slowly learning.
The sisters came over today to help with my studying and answer any questions I had. This will be a weekly thing for now, and maybe more if they can come. They just pop in whenever they get a cancellation, or have a spare hour or two. They only get 1 hour of personal study each day, so they are excited to help me, and be able to study as well. :0) We had a lot of fun doing this. We spread all our stuff out on the living room floor, and got two hours in of studying. I learned a little about the Atonement, and found it interesting. I also found out something that both Chuck and I are happy about. When the Millennium comes, our friend whose life was taken from them to soon will be able to come back to earth, find a spouse and get sealed to them. The millennium will happen at the beginning of the 2nd coming. It will last for 1,000 years, and during that time Satan will be bound and will not be able to influence others. All that will take place is teachings, baptisms, marriages, and sealings. It will be a time to preach the gospel, and spread our teachings. It was really neat to learn about this, because I had never heard of it before.
Also I learned about how Jesus was sweating drops of blood because taking on all our sins was so painful. Luke 22:39. It is pretty powerful.
The sisters left for a few hours to do some service, and then came back to contact a referral I gave them. I wrapped 2 books, and put a note on it that said You are liked, You are loved. They took it to my neighbor with some Girl scout cookies, and she accepted it. :0) I hope she likes it.
Tomorrow I will be going to the Temple with the sisters and Beau Oyler with a Young man who seems interested in the gospel. :0) I love learning. It's fun. Here are some pics of the sisters and I having a good time messing with my camer!

XoXo-Andrea Carla


No comments:

Post a Comment