January 18, 2010

Alles Gute Zum Geburtstag To Me!


Yesterday was the best day I have had in a very, very long time. And in the last 10 years it was the 1st birthday that Chuck really celebrated, and it was AWESOME! Chuck isn't very big on celebrating holidays or birthdays, so I could never get him to do much. But this year he really made the effort, and it showed! ;0) So I woke up to breakfast in bed yesterday. It was great, and Chuck joined me. We ate our eggs and potatoes, and the dogs laid at the end of the bed and begged for scraps!! lol Then Chuck brought in presents! I was excited, as I had no idea what he had done. They were wrapped very clever fully in packing paper from our move. lol The first one was a long tube, and looked like a poster tube. I unwrapped it to find a Lava lamp! And not just any Lava Lamp....A Pink and Purple one!!! My favorite colors!! And I have always wanted a Lava Lamp! How cool is that! ;0D Right now it finally melted for the first time, and is glopping up and down! lol Then Chuck handed me a box. As I unwrapped it, I saw that it was a remote control helicopter that I already had, and hadn't even opened yet. I looked at Chuck like he was insane! He just laughed at me. As I unwrapped it more and turned the box around, I noticed a little blue bag inside of the box!!! ;0D And I started to laugh! Turns out that he had unwrapped my remote control helicopter and put the bag inside the box to throw me off!! lol I thought that was very creative! ;0) I opened the bag and inside was of course my favorite little blue box with a white ribbon! When I opened it, it was a bracelet to match my necklace from Tiffany's Chcuk got me a few years ago! ;0D I was so excited!! It is wicked awesome!! I think Chuck has been hanging on to this thing for ages since April I think when I was still working! What a sneaky Guy, and who woulda guessed he had it in him!! ;0) After breakfast we both got ready for Church. I thought I had more time than we did, and so we were a little late to Church...Oops! Church was really good. Lately I was worried that I was starting to lose interest in church, because every time I went all I wanted to do was go home. But yesterday was awesome, and it kinda renewed my faith in the ward. I think my problem was that I have been sick for a month, and yesterday was the first time I went that I didn't feel so sick I wasn't sure if I could walk from class to class. So I think I was just to miserable to appreciate anything the last few times I went. I really love our ward, it is so awesome to have so many friends in one ward. I really do feel lucky to be a part of it. After Church, we came home to change. As much as I love Church, I hate wearing a dress with a passion. We were invited to listen to Elder Richard Hinkley (the prophets son) give a talk in Concord, and I really wanted to go, but Chuck wasn't about it. And I hate dragging him to church functions. Also we were having such a great day together that I didn't want to ruin it by making him do something. So we decided not to go. I am sure it was pretty cool though. We headed out for a bite to eat. I wanted to make some Ribs for dinner, but it would have taken 3 hours to cook, so we opted for a quick bite out. We went to El Torito, and got some fried Ice Cream!! yum yum Then we went to see Avatar in 3-D!!! I was a little skeptical about it. It looked cool, but I have been so disappointed by so many movies lately not really living up to their previews....that I didn't think it was going to be all that. But it was all that, and a bag of chips! lol I will have a separate blog talking about Avatar that you can read. After the movie we ran over to Borders to see if I could use my gift card I got for Christmas, but alas they were closed. So we went home, walked and walked and fed the dogs. Then Chuck brought in my birthday cake that was loaded with 24 candles!!! lol He said he tried to find more to make the big 30, but he couldn't find any more! lol That was probably a good thing, as the cake would have gone up in flames if he had got 30 on it. lol We were still full from dinner, so we snitched a cookie off of the cake, but that was it. lol Then we took a shower, and laid in bed and talked for an hour until it was midnight, and my birthday was over, and I was officially 30! lol It really was a great and amazingly fun day! And I was so pleased that Chuck made the effort to celebrate my birthday. If you know me, I was dreading this birthday....I didn't want to turn 30. The big 30 sounded so scary and old to me. But I am still alive, and I have all my digits and toes still, and I can still stand...so I guess I am okay! ;0D lol
Thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes it was a great day! ;0)

XoXo-Andrea Carla

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you had a lovely day! I turn 30 in Feb, but I have been looking forward to it for 5 or so years. Hopefully being 30 will make people stop giving me crap for having 2 older kids, I get a lot of "babies having babies" comments when people hear I am still in my 20s.

    ReplyDelete